Corsair II questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Corsair II questions
From: w5chh@juno.com (Brian Hunsaker)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 02:00:22 PST
On Wed, 25 Sep 1996 23:04:23 -0400 lkayser@rideau.net (Larry Kayser)
writes:
>Greetings:
>>I have recently sold a Kenwood 930 with auto tune and am thinking of
>>replacing it with ten-tec equipment..I have heard about the Corsair
>II
>
>Scott, if your a cw operator, and / or you refuse to read the
>yacomwood
>manual to figure out all the buttons and junk you can see let alone
>all the
>gorp you can not see, then buy the Corsair.  If that is not enough
>reason
>then how about a service system that works and keeps their customers
>happy.
>You can turn off the AVC, RF up, AF down, and audio filter that works
>and
>does not ring.  Pass band tuning that works, and you have to set the
>CW
>offset manually for CW.
>
>I was swling the other day, heard a friend who I had spoken to for a
>year or
>so, I did not have to get the manual out to get the ssb going, but I
>did
>have to go looking for the microphone.
>
>It is not a synthesized vfo, it does not have the nasty harsh sound of
>the
>other guys products either.
>
>I am a CW guy as you might guess.
>
>PS the OMNI VI has a problem that is designed it, it does not work
>over 68
>wpm on cw, the only guy I ever heard complain about it is w4bqf and
>there
>are not many guys left that he talks with at that speed, but more are
>coming
>along.
>
>Larry
>
>va3lk / wa3zia
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html
>Problems:                 w9tw@contesting.com

Amen and Amen to the Ten-Tec claims.. He is right. i am the proud owner
of an Omni VI, Hercules, Scout, and Auto Tuner. I'm not in the 68 wpm
class, but I hold my own at 20. I too love CW, and have a friend here
that is 85 years (young?) and still goes about 55 - 60 wpm.  God Bless
them. You won't be sorry buying a Ten-Tec anything, Scott.

73s Brian - W5CHH

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html