PTO rebuild on Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: PTO rebuild on Corsair II
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 07:59:44 -0400 (EDT)
Clean everything off your bench

have paper cups ready to hold the parts

make a drawing of the wires to the pto. colors etc.

understand how to get that dial skirt back on after you remove it! I used
some sewing thread. See the manual for this.

The little retaining pin on the rear end they send you is nearly
impossible to get in the hole. I always end up using the old one. It fits
easier.

Keep and eye on those ball bearings and don't loose them.

Try to reserve enough time to do the whole project at one setting so you
won't forget where things went. My first one took about 2 hours. Next one
about 45 minutes.

Don't think back about how you could have sent this to the factory for x$.
This is a rig you can work on so be glad!

PS: Have a nice bright lamp on your work bench.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html