Omni 5 Mods

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni 5 Mods
From: rcook@hiwaay.net (rcook)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 20:58:32 -0800
NZ8J wrote:

> I recently bought a Omni 5 and have ben told there are several mods
> available for it, such as "the Ten Tec pin diode mod", and one that
> allows the power to be dropped to almost "zero". I would be interested
> in any and all mods that have been used with success on the Omni 5.
> Thanks
> Tim
> NZ8J
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html
> Problems:                 w9tw@contesting.com

A couple of years ago I did a mod on the attenuator to change it from
20 db to a 10 db.(Look at figure 6-7 in your book page 6-11).I changed
the value of R10 from a 470 to a lower value, 330 ohm I think, anyway
just switch resistors until you like it.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html