Model 1553 Keyer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Model 1553 Keyer
From: highland@cityscape.net (highland@cityscape.net)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:05:45 -0600
Just a quick review of one of Ten-Tec's low dollar kits.  I order the
Model 1553 Budget Electronic Keyer. This was the first kit I've tried to
build in years and never anything that was as well documented. The
inventory was complete and the silkscreening on the PCB was
outstanding.  I spent about 4-5 hours on this.  I'm sure it could be
done much quicker, but as I said it's been a long time since I have
tried to build anything.
The kit did what I needed it to which is greatly improve my "fist".  For
$12.00 it is worth it alone as a practive oscillator.  I also purchased
the Single Paddle (Model 607).  All I have left to get know is a HF
transmitter and I'm on my way to hours of fun with CW.

My next kit project is the SWR & RF Wattmeter (Model 1202).

de Dwayne, KB9OQJ
--

....quietly making noise.........
mailto:highland@cityscape.net