Summary of KR50 Fixes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Summary of KR50 Fixes
From: JKXM17A@prodigy.com ( ALLEN SMITH)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 20:52:48, -0500
Here is a summary of the responses I received when I inquired about
quieting a noisy relay in my Ten Tec keyer:

   1.   Replace with a Radio Shack mercury switch.

   2.   Replace with a solid state keying circuit.

   3.   Replace with a mercury wetted reed relay.

   4.   Replace with a reed relay or a DIL package.

   5.   Replace with a transistor, using voltage driving relay to bias
        gate on a transistor.

   6.   Learn to love the clicks, use when feeling nostalgic.

That's about it.  They're all good but #6 is my kind of technician.

73/Allen - N0VA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html