Ten-Tec Titan

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Ten-Tec Titan
From: f100346@mailbox.hogia.net (Hans Bjorneberg)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 21:07:20 +0100
Hi!

I am the proud owner of a Ten-Tec Titan. This linear really takes whipping!
Weeks of operations
without even switching it off.

One problem though. When I operate 40-80-160 meters I have to retune "LOAD"
even now and then
because of high grid current readings. It seems like if this problem is
heat-dependent. When first tuning
on, say, 40 meters I have some 30 mA of grid current with full output power.
After tuning for max
power I do like most others, listen around. Finally I find someone to call.
NOW! The current is at least
double the 30 mA I ha when tuning the linear. A quick retune and minimum is
found again.

The lower I go in frequency (80 mtrs -> 160 mtrs) the bigger difference.=20

I suspect a heat-sensitive component but I am not sure.

Have anyone had this problem and/or can anyone help me to figure out how to
get rid of this
misbehaviour?

Is this a serious problem, meaning does it hurt the final tubes?

On frequencies above 7 mhz there=B4s no problem (if there is I cant measure=
 it).

Excuse my bad english.

73 de "Ben"  SM7DLZ

--