New QRP transceiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: New QRP transceiver
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc.)
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 15:25:40 Eastern Standard Time

>I just saw the write up in the December issue of CQ magazine about the new
>TEN-TEC QRP rig. It looks great, and I plan to order one this week.
>
>But, one thing about it does bother me. The article states the bandwidth is
>1 kHz. Isn't that kinda wide for a crowded CW band at night, such as 40
>meters. I wonder if an audio filter is forthcoming as an accessory?
>
>Jim, K5ROV

Hi Jim (and interested Ten-Tec fans):
Yes, the 1 kHz 4 pole crystal filter is a little wider than the 250 Hz or
500 Hz filtering we are all accustomed to for CW.  Adding a 250 or 500 Hz
filter would have added additional cost, and it was important to us to offer
good value as well as performance in the new QRP kits.  We do not have any
accessories immediately planned for the little rigs (except for the already
available 1553 keyer kit), but an audio filter certainly would be a good
choice for an add-on. The 40 meter version should be ready in the next two
weeks.  30 meters will be the next one, followed by 20 and 80.

Thanks
Scott Robbins W4PA
Ten-Tec

--