HF amp kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: HF amp kit
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 96 16:33:20 -0500
>From:        Ten-Tec Inc., sales@tentec.com
>
>We've had this suggestion before.  The reason we have not offered an HF
>linear amplifier kit (and will not in the future) is that we have,
>unfortunately, become an increasingly litigious society and we are afraid of
>a lawsuit should a kit builder maim themselves building with high voltage.

Sounds reasonable.

How about an HF linear amplifier kit that uses safe, low-voltage
solid-state components?

After all, Ten-Tec got much of its start producing early solid-state
devices, no?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR           Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html