mushy pto

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: mushy pto
From: bcotter@service1.uky.edu (Bill Cotter)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 14:15:58 -0500
Randy,

Mine had the same problem when I first got it many years ago. It turned out
to be the felt tensioning washer behind the tuning knob. Loosen the knob,
back it off the shaft a few thousands, and retighten the knob. The balance
is when you have minimized backlash and feel the proper amount of friction.

Bill, N4ALG

At 06:47 PM 12/9/96 -0800, Randy Zelick wrote:
>Hi to the net,
>
>I just purchased a Corsair II, my first ten-tec rig. I have 30 minutes of
>experience with it so far, but right away I noticed one small irritation
>(and I must say quickly that I noticed lots of cool stuff too!):
>
>When tuning around the PTO has a spongy feel to it. There is no backlash
>or wobble, just the sense that there is something slightly rubbery.
>
>Is this normal behavior? If anyone else has noticed this, is there a fix?
>
>Thanks,
>
>=Randy=
>
>R. Zelick
>Dept. Biology
>Portland State University
>P.O. Box 751
>Portland, OR 97207
>503-725-3086, 503-725-3888 (fax)
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html
>Problems:                 w9tw@contesting.com

| Bill Cotter, N4ALG           e-mail: bcotter@pop.uky.edu |
| 173 Carolyn Lane               Home: (606) 887-5563,2402 |
| Nicholasville, KY 40536-9340   Work: (606) 323-6474      |

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html