Ten-Tec HF CW QRP xcvr kits

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Ten-Tec HF CW QRP xcvr kits
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc.)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 14:47:38 Eastern Standard Time
Greetings from Ten-Tec in Sevierville, TN.  This message is a general
announcement regarding our HF QRP CW kits, followed by a specification
listing.  We will be posting identical information to our web site
<http://www.tentec.com> shortly.

Dear Friends:

We had planned to ship 40 meter models well before Christmas followed
by 30 meters a few weeks later.  20 and 80 meters were to follow in
January.  Unfortunately, we find it necessary to delay this schedule by
one month.  All the design work is complete, the assembly manuals are
coming along fine but we have a shortage of production labor to make
the sheet metal and bare PC boards.

We apologize for the delay and expect to ship 40 meter units by mid-
January.  Thanks for your patience and we are confident you'll find it
worth the wait.

73,
from the hams at Ten-Tec

QRP CW TRANSCEIVER KITS - SPECIFICATIONS

Models: 1320 - 20 meters
        1330 - 30 meters
        1340 - 40 meters
        1380 - 80 meters
Frequency coverage: any 50 kHz of CW sub-band.  Selection made during
     winding of one toroid in VFO circuit.
Frequency control: varactor tuned oscillator with potentiometer control.
Temperature compensated LC components stabilize VFO.
RIT: +/- 1.50 kHz
Antenna: 50 ohm unbalanced, SO-239 connector
Power requirement: 12-14 VDC, 35 mA on receive with no signal
                              80 mA on receive for S-9 signal
                             800 mA on transmit
Construction: black texture painted.  Clamshell style steel top and
     bottom, aluminum chassis.  One double-sided printed circuit board
     measures 3.5" x 5".
Board mounted components: 216, including 4 IC's, 19 transistors, and
     13 diodes.
Front panel controls: main tuning, volume, RIT, toggle switch for power
     on/off.
Connectors: 1/4" stereo phone jack on front for headphones, 3 phono
     jacks on rear for key, DC input, DC output.  SO-239 for antenna.
Dimensions: HWD 2.75" x 6" x 6" ( 7 x 15.2 x 15.2 cm )
Weight: 2.25 lbs. (1.02 kg)

TRANSMITTER

RF output: 3 watts typical, no external adjustment
T/R switching: solid-state, full break-in
CW offset and sidetone: adjustable 400-1000 Hz, sidetone automatically
     tracks offset frequency.  Sinewave sidetone has internal level
     adjustment.

RECEIVER

Type: single conversion superhet, JFET mixer
Selectivity: 4 pole crystal ladder filter, 1 kHz nominal bandwidth.
AGC: audio dericed
I-F frequencies:  11 MHz on 80/40 models, 14.32 MHz on 30 model, 6.14
     MHz on 20 meter model.
Audio: .3 watt @ 4 ohms, built-in 3" speaker.

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html