Omni IV Upgrade & Computer Control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni IV Upgrade & Computer Control
From: n5na@bellsouth.net (Alan Sewell)
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 20:11:41 -0600
Is it my imagination or did the recent firmware upgrade for the OMNI VI
fix the rig/computer control problems?

After upgrading the EPROM back in June(?) I only recently had the
opportunity the try out the computer interface with NA and TR. It worked
like it was supposed to!

Prior to this it would more or less work but gave erratic results such
as having the frequency jump down the band about 100 Khz and I can't
remember what else.

Recently I hooked it up with NA (9.29) and it worked great even at 9600
baud. Even worked just using a standard modem cable. With TR (5.95) I
had to slow it down to 2400 baud. For both programs I configured it with
an ID of 44 and told the programs it was a IC765.

Finally I can switch from band to band and the computer will follow (or
vice-versa)!

73,

Alan

n5na@bellsouth.com