TT Transverters- we want more !

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: TT Transverters- we want more !
From: ve9aa@brunnet.net (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith-Wynder Photo)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:31:29 -0400
I too, have 2 ten-tec 6m transverters,(20m & 2m I.f.'s)
but would LOVE to see more , like a 2m transverter with
a 10m i.f. (use all those old htx-100's or any handy 10m rig)
or a 432 transverter that uses a 2m (or 10m) i.f.
Even a 10m transverter that uses a 2m I.f. had occured to
me.  I don't think anyone produces these.   They would be good
for 10m FM -or- 10m ssb if you only owned a 2m (all mode.)
Maybe you could stack a bunch of them and TT could manufacture
a switching kit?
Ie: 1 - 10m radio could run everything.
htx-100 10m i.f. radio>
10m to 6m transverter
6m to 2m transverter (or 10m to 2m )
2m to 70cm tranverter
The possibilities are endless.  I don't think anyone would mind
paying $195.00 US for a nice simple 2m, or 70cm transverter kit.
What say Ten Tec?
Do you have any plans for introducing a 6m, 2m or  70cm tranverter
that uses a 10m i.f. instead of a 20m one? (lots o' 10m rigs around.
. . . . hint hint) Great for mobile!  Not everyone can afford (or has
room for a Scout or other larger HF rigs that have a 20m i.f)
Just a thought.......What say gang?  Let's all hear your comments
to the list (and of course TT!)
A pleased customer-wanting even more :-)
MIKE/ve9aa (ex-cy0aa)soon cy9aa June 13th

Michael & Coreen Smith
271 Smith Rd, Waterville
Sunbury Co, NB, E2V 3V6
Canada