OMNI-7

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI-7
From: n4Lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:49:32 -0800
I'de sure like to see an Omni-7. Isn't it about time? Clammer
Clammer....

Just a few changes from the Omni-6 would  justify it for me.
Let me list a few changes and others can add the the wish list.

1. Better bfo stability so the carrier offset would be more exact.

2. A little improvent on frequency readout accuracy.

3. Eliminate the internal keyer and replace it with better dsp. Many
   don't use the keyer anyway. Some complain of it being hard to use due
   to a slight delay.

4. No. I don't care about an internal antenna tuner. They add
complexity,
   are lossy, have limited range plus the finals in TenTec rigs are so
   rugged that a little 2:1 swr doesn't matter anyway.

5. Build a power supply with a REAL speaker in it. Something that sounds
   good.

6. Put a more impressive s meter in it; Larger with good dampning. No
   bar graphs. Us types like real meters wheter we need them or not.

7. Go to a multishade of gray instead of cream color.

These are just some ideas.
Let's not add a bunch of bells and whistles. Just keep perfecting the
basic design. I know that user input had a lot to do with the transition
for the Omni-5 to the 6 so let's see where this leads.

73

N4LQ Steve

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html