[TenTec] OMNI VI operator preferences

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI operator preferences
From: schell@radonc.medinfo.rochester.edu (Michael C. Schell)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 13:38:27 -0400
Dear fellow OMNI VI enthusiasts,

I am new to the OMNI VI and I would appreciate your insight into the value
of the following features:

1) DSP - in SSB, the hetrodynes are eliminated but noise reduction is not
substantial.  I can improve the situation by using the DSP-59+.

2) How much do you value the LPF on CW?

3)      The noise blanker on the ICOM 737A eliminates the background noise
on 40 m much more effectively.  Any comments on the noise blanker and notch
filter?

4) The passband tuning is much better than the 737A.  How much does tha NAR
filter add to selectivity for SSB or CW

I repeat that I still have a lot to learn abt the VI.  I know of no OMNI VI
ops in this area to seek advice from.  Any comments will be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you and 73's  Mike KF2LF

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html