[TenTec] Ten-Tec 540 (Triton IV) stuck dial

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 540 (Triton IV) stuck dial
From: ad4yh@nortel.ca (Dale Pendleton)
Date: 17 Mar 1997 08:34 EST
In message "[TenTec] Ten-Tec 540 (Triton IV) stuck dial", wallace@world.std.com
writes:

>"A friend has lent me a Ten-Tec Triton IV (model 540) to check out.
>"When I got it, the tuning knob spun, but the dial moved very
>"sluggishly. I thought the dial cord had loosened over time.
>"
>"That's not the case. The dial cord seems fine, but it's the VFO
>"bearings which are sluggish. The outer shaft (which is the "coarse"
>"tuning) turns with much difficulty, but it does move the dial from one
>"end to the other. The inner "fine" tune shaft spins without doing
>"anything.
>"
>"Any ideas? Am I just up against old grease here? The thing looks
>"sealed...is there a way for me to lubricate it without sending it back
>"to Ten-Tec?
>"
>"Any help appreciated!
>"
>"
>"--Andy
>"wallace@world.std.com

Andy , you need the Ten-Tec PTO rebuild kit. They have it for under
20 bux with shipping. That will put you back in fine shape. It takes
a little tinkering and patience, but it's not all that hard to do.
I have done several, my OMNI D and several others for friends..73,
the pto man.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html