[TenTec] My second Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My second Omni VI
From: edvanc@skypoint.com (Ed Van Cleave)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 20:16:03 +0000
Greetings All,

I've been lurking on this reflector for some time, hoping to see a
recent Omni VI for sale.  One finally came up this weekend so bought it,
but it was listed on one of our local two meter repeater Swap Shops,
not on this reflector.

This is my second Omni VI and it's a beaut!  Of all the radios I've
owned, more fun was had with the Onmi than the others I have operated.  The
others, by the way,  included an IC-765, IC-781, IC-775DSP, FT-1000D
and a TS-870S.  I really enjoy the simple sophistication of the Omni VI and
plan to get in line for the "Plus" upgrade.  In that regard, would appreciate
hearing from anyone already in line about how Ten-Tec is running the
process and the expected turn-around time.

I am also interested in locating Ten-Tec antenna tuners for sale.
Let me hear from you if one is gathering dust in your shack, especially the
automatic 238.  The tuner needs to handle power as I also plan to add a
Ten-Tec amp later.

73 & CUL,
Ed, W0VC
edvanc@skypoint.com