[TenTec] OMNI VI ssb performance ????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI ssb performance ????
From: Reid_W_Simmons@ccm2.hf.intel.com (Reid W Simmons)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 97 08:11:00 PDT
Text item:

Michael;

I bought my OMNI VI new in the summer of 1992 and have ALWAYS received excellent
SSB signal reports using it.  I set the mike gain and processor level during my
first QSO using it and have not had to alter either of them since.  I use a 20+
year old D-104 microphone.  On CW it does work as well as you have heard from
others.  I mostly use a straight key on CW (I work a lot of Novices and
beginners).

In the sixties and early seventies my station was "All American": homebrew,
kits, and factory builts.  In the mid seventies through the eighties it was
mostly YEACOMWOOD.  Now it is all Ten Tec, with some Heath and MFJ accessories.
I sure don't mis the "marginal quality", "marginal performance", and
"questionable bells and whistles" on the Yeacomwoods!

Good luck.

Reid, K7YX