[TenTec] FS: Triton 544

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Triton 544
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 07:00:35 -0400
I am selling my 544. This was the last of the Triton line. Basically,
it's the same thing as the Triton IV but it has the digital frequency
readout. Covers 80-10 but no WARC bands. SSB and CW at 100 watts.

The Triton series is noted for having the best cw note and smoothest
QSK of any TenTec product and this is the top of the line for a Triton.

This 544 is in mint condition. The front panel still has that new rig
glow. The huge, bright red digits can be read from across the room.
Selectivity is excellent with it's 8 pole crystal ssb filter and
optional, installed cw filter. Stability is exceptional with it's smooth
tuning, newly rebuilt pto.

This could be a musem piece but it needs to be put on the air by some
TenTec lover. Here's why I'm selling it: I had a Triton IV in my big
Ford van and loved it but last year I discovered this 544 and sold the
Triton IV. I never got the chance to install the 544. Last week, I
traded the monster van for a little Ranger Pickup and now have no space
for such a large rig.

I wish to sell this and buy or trade for a very compact rig such as a
TS-50. I'de get a Scout if it weren't for it's frequecy jumping problem.

I'll take $390 for the 544 or consider trading for a smaller rig. I'm
open to offers and suggestions.

Contact me at 502-935-7848
E mail to N4LQ@igLou.com