[TenTec] Pre-Dayton shack sale (QRP, VHF/UHF, antennas, etc.)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pre-Dayton shack sale (QRP, VHF/UHF, antennas, etc.)
From: ham@w3eax.umd.edu (Scott Rosenfeld NF3I)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 12:03:49 -0400
Yes, I'll be in Dayton, so for anyone who wants to meet there...
-----
FS: Argo 556 with all band modules, mic, NB
Like new w/ALL nine band modules, 700C hand mic, and noise blanker.
10/12/15/17/20/30/40/80/160 meters.  SSB/CW, excellent receiver, etc.
Variable from 1-5 watts output.
Bought a little while back and then bought some other stuff.
Currently realizing I CAN'T keep it.
Price new = $489 + 8 modules @ $29 + mic @ 25 + NB @ $19 = $765.
Asking $600 for everything.  Will part out IF the radio goes first.
-------
Standard C5718DA twin bander, with dual in-band receive.  Receives
AM aircraft as well as military aircraft, public service (150/450)
as well as 800 MHz.
Radio does 50w on 2m and 40w on 440.  Crossband repeat, VERY
compact, six scanning modes, several limit scan modes, and loud
audio.  CTCSS encode/decode, DTMF memories, sub-band mute,
paging, 40 memories, and much, much MUCH more.
The unit does FAR more than I can possibly convey.  The manual
is 80 pages thick but after a few days of use, the unit is
easy to use and VERY powerful.

The unit's unique feature:
The display is IN THE MIC.  It's bright and lit by orange LEDs,
making it very reliable.  Further, the mic has a BUILT-IN
speaker, which DOES NOT mean the radio's audio cones ONLY thru
the mic...in my car, it comes through BOTH...
Anyway, the radio is for sale because I wanted one and found
two.  They sell for between $700 and $720, and I'm asking $535.

Condition: The rubber coating on the mic is slightly rubbed.
More on this upon request.
It is ideal for remote mounting, such as under a seat (like
mine), and the mic hides away for security.  The package
includes the radio, mic, power cord, and the manual and box.

BOTTOM LINE: I'm asking $535 for a superb performer.  I'd
keep them both if I could afford to.
-----
Kenwood TS-520 setup with external VFO, speaker, and desk
mic.  All in excellent condition.  Radio covers 10/15/20/
40/80 meters, CW and SSB.  Incldes 500 Hz CW filter.

All boxes and manuals included.  $425.
-----
Icom 2GXAT 2m handheld radio.  7 watts output power with
13.5 VDC input.  Comes with BP-160 battery, charger,
and cigarette lighter adaptor.

Performs the following:
CTCSS encode/decode with tone scan
DTMF memories
12 memories + call channel
144-148 MHz
loud audio

Extremely easy to use.  Battery lasts an exorbitantly long time.
The radio uses the basic Icom/Yaesu/Radio Shack/Standard
speaker-mic pin-out.
It sells for $280 at AES and $290 at HRO with high-power pack,
which this doesn't have (this has the lower-power pack).

Asking $200 (remember, it includes the filtered cig. lighter
adapter).
-----
For sale, one Radio Shack HTX-202 2m HT with all standard
accessories (NiCd, alkaline pack, charger, manual, duckie,
and hand strap).

Sells for $199 new, asking $135.  Excellent working
condition, battery is VERY healthy.
-----
Heath HM-2140 dual SWR/wattmeter - remote sensor, reads up to
2kW.  Measures peak and average power.  With photocopy
of manual.  Excellent condition.  $85.
-----
Heath HM-102 SWR/wattmeter - up to 2 kW, excellent
condition.  No manual, $40.
-----
Pyramid 25 amp power supply, with voltage and current meters.
Voltage is variable from front panel.
Would keep it if I didn't have too many power supplies already.
$60.  Excellent condition.
-----
Comet Miracle Baby CH-32
OK, it's maybe not the best antenna in the world BUT
it's tiny and works pretty well.  AND it's REALLY
small (1.75" long, BNC connector).

Sells new for $33, asking $24.  Excellent condition.
-----
Diamond SRH-519 dualband SMA connector antenna for Yaesu FT-50.

It's really thin.  Works well, certainly better than the
stock antenna.
Sells new for $35, asking $26.  Excellent condition.
-----
Yaesu NC-50 dual slot 1-hour charger with adaptor cups
(CA-14) for FT-10/40/50 handhelds.  Like new in box.
$135 new, asking $95.
-----
Alinco DR-130T 2m 50w FM mobile
Very compact, with a big, easy to read display and
a really big heat sink (the back HALF of the radio).
Extended receive, will xmit out of band with mod.
50 watts, CTCSS encode, 20 memories, very easy to
use, time-out timer, with DTMF mic.  $200, with
box and manual and power cable.
-----
Bearcat Sportcat SC-150Y YELLOW scanner.  100 memories,
excellent condition, 100 frequencies/sec scan rate
(if memory serves me correctly).

With NiCd pack and charger.  $135.
-----
S&S Engineering Ark 20 20m QRP CW rig.  Aluminum
case, built like a brick.  Built-in speaker, audio
filter, keyer.  5 watt output.
COME WITH FREE RAMSEY LINEAR AMP!!!  $270.
-----
Spi-ro 20/40m trap dipole.  Was $79 new.  Inside
portion is perfect, outdoor portion is weathered.
$30.
-----
That's all, folks!

* Scott Rosenfeld NF3I Burtonsville, MD FM19mc QRV 80-10/6/2/440 *
*** 6m 75 grids worked on 8 watts *** HF 140 cfmd * QRP-L #147 ***
** QRP ARCI #9054 ** DXCC/WAS/WAC *** 100% dipole powered HF/6m **
* 301-549-1022 h / 301-982-1015 w *** 145.490- 147.225+ PL 156.7 *