[TenTec] OMNI-VI Transverter output mod?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-VI Transverter output mod?
From: aas@vectorbd.vivanet.com (Al Scanandoah)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 16:50:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Warren Walsh wrote:

> My question to the group is, has anyone on the reflector modified their
> OMNI-VI to provide a low power output for a transverter?

 Although this doesn't exactly answer the question, I've had excellent
 results running a transverter with my Omni V by building up an
 attenuator to place between the rig's output and the transverter's
 input, keeping the power out adjustment at minimum. I subsequently
 routed the transverter's IF out to the aux. RX antenna input so I
 wouldn't lose gain there.

Al - wa2vez