[TenTec] Scout 555 / QRP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout 555 / QRP
From: w7zrc@micron.net (Rod Greene)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 19:00:44 -0600 (MDT)
I am wondering if any of you Scout owners have been able to
reduce power to 5 watts or less and still have the rig key
properly.  When I reduce power to anything less than approx.
6 watts, the first character, if a dit, will not happen. If I
continue to send, then the characters are okay. Let things sit
for awhile and start sending, and again, the first character
if a dit, will not be there.  Raise the power to 6 watts or
better and all works well. No, I don't want to bypass the PA
module to run QRP.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. TIA,

        Rod
----- Rod Greene, w7zrc@micron.net, <>< -----