[TenTec] Rumor...not

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rumor...not
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec, Inc.)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 07:12:10 Eastern Daylight Time

KM7W writes:
>I seem to recall a message that came across the ten-tec list
>indicating production of the Argo 556 had ceased last week.  I'm
>cross posting to ten-tec list to see what they say.

The Argo 556 has been discontinued from production as of earlier this
month.  We will be focusing our QRP efforts in the direction of
kits for the immediate future, though we have no new QRP kits (aside
from what is already available) from us in the works for the next few
months.  Ten-Tec has a long tradition of offering QRP items and we
expect to continue that in the future.

The Scout 555, though, is a different matter.  This is one of the most
popular transceivers Ten-Tec has ever built and we will continue
building it and all accessories for some time to come.  We have no
plans to discontinue it at any time in the forseeable future.

We have a few leftover demo units of the Argo 556 available, but all
new inventory has been sold.

Thanks very much for supporting Ten-Tec and as usual your comments by
e-mail or telephone are welcomed.

73
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Sales, Ten-Tec, Inc.