[TenTec] forgot one feature...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] forgot one feature...
From: k5rov@worldnet.att.net (James Parsons)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:01:24 -0500
bames@mecasw.com wrote:

> Perhaps some thought needs to be put into the fact that the Scout/Argo uses
> a PTO and not a synthesizer for frequency control. Everything else staying
> the same, I wonder how much worse the RX of the Scout/Argo would be if they
> just replaced the PTO with a synthesizer? The use of the plug in modules,
> while not convenient, made it possible for them to make a rig like the
> Scout/Argo that many hams could afford. I believe I have seen some projects
> (QST) for a digital VFO. Is this a possible way to go?
>
> Bill Ames
> KB1LG
>
> --

I, for one, would jump on that lil Scout if it had that VFO changed. As
far as I can tell, that is its only weakness. Using fans, slowing down,
etc, takes the fun out of a small, compact, easily portable rig.

Jim, K5ROV

--
James (Jim), Parsons, K5ROV USAF, Ret.
k5rov@worldnet.att.net  QCWA, NWQRP, Fists, ARRL