[TenTec] [KENWOOD] TS-850s QSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [KENWOOD] TS-850s QSK
From: turner@rome.ICS.UCI.EDU (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:39:21 -0700
> Point here is....Don't get all wrapped up about one paticular manufacture.
> They all have problems. What we should discuss here is not whether we like
> so and so but what the problems are and their posible cures. I've tried
> about all manufactures and they all slip up somewhere.

Very good point, and I agree wholeheartedly.  The tradeoffs are
made in the designs (cost/performance, CW vs SSB, all sorts of
stuff cause you can't build the perfect radio for all uses.....)
and that is what I would like to discuss, how they were made
and the consequences.  Then I love to find out how to adjust them
more to my liking.  I'm doing that with a Corsair II right now,
hi hi.

Clark
WA3JPG