[TenTec] Omni Six Problem after Upgrade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni Six Problem after Upgrade
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 13:31:12 -0400
I just received my Omni Six back from the "option 3" upgrade.  However,
upon checking things, I noticed that of all things, the front panel RF GAIN
control now affects the panel meter accuracy.  This was first noticed when
I noted an unusually high SWR into my antennas and dummy load.  Actually,
the RF GAIN control now affects all four metered functions: FWD, REF, IC,
PROCESSOR.  If the RF GAIN control is up all the way, my SWR is 2:1 into a
dummy load......slightly less than full RF gain, and it's 1:1.

I'm wondering if it's always been like this (only worsened perhaps?).  Can
someone else with an Omni Six confirm this?

I've got it boxed up and ready to ship to Sevierville tomorrow.  Anyone
know if I need an RMA number first?

-Paul, W9AC