[TenTec] OMNI VI frequency display accuracy

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI frequency display accuracy
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 11:20:26 -0700
I said I would report back.  You can indeed set the accuracy of the
frequency display on the OMNI VI, but it is a rather complicated
system to deal with, not for the faint at heart, hi hi.

IF your display is off by an equal amount on each and every band,
you may want to realign the 10 MHz master oscillator on the
control logic board.  It is C31 and you may take out cable 88
and just stick a good accurate frequency counter in there to get
it to 10.000.00 MHz.  That will help only if all bands off by
equal (relatively) amount.

You can adjust individual band oscillators but you need a good
100 MHz scope and accurate frequency counter.  You end up setting
a timing pulse that keeps the individual oscillators locked to
the master.  I am not going to try this at home and Ten Tec gets
to do it for me after my upgrade.

Clark
WA3JPG