[TenTec] Omni VI Plus 9 MHz filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus 9 MHz filter
From: larrygibbs@ibm.net (Larry Gibbs)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 19:24:35 -0400
Greetings!
I have moved my Omni V filters to the Omni VI Plus, but the
1.8 SSB filter #218 in the 9 MHz IF does not work, It was fine
in the old Omni. I placed it in position #1 and set gain for
low (to the right) as per the manual's instructions.

When I first installed it, it didn't work. Then I removed it
and it seemed that maybe it wasn't seated all the way. It
worked briefly and quit. Of course, I waited until Ten-Tec Service was
closed.

What I will do now is open both top and bottom and press all
cable connectors to be sure they are fully seated. I just got
a Scout on which the RIT did not function. Only one or two
connectors in the whole rig were fully in place. That fixed
the RIT.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the filter problem.

TNX ES 73, Larry

E-mail:  larrygibbs@ibm.net

Amateur Radio W3UIO, Operating Ten-Tec

Running Netscape at OS/2 Warp 4