[TenTec] 10 Meter Birdies-One Man's Opinion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 10 Meter Birdies-One Man's Opinion
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (Steve Narducci)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 23:07:54 -0500
At 10:57 PM 7/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>That may be your opinion, but when I went shopping for a rig I checked
>friends with Ten Tec's and one who had an Omni-V had a very strong
>opinion of the S7 birdie on 28.025 MHz - smack on the 10m calling freq (I
>think I'm remembering the freq right).  He was also displeased with the
>response from TT that nothing could be done about it.  Otherwise his
>opinion of the rig was high, but, to him, this was a significant
>detractor.  It *was* a problem (and this was when the sunspot cycle
>allowed a lot of DXing on 10m).  My opinion might not be the same, but
>for someone who chased DX seriously on 10m, it was a problem for him.
>
>FWIW...
>       73,  Duane
>
>Duane A. Calvin, AC5AA
>ac5aa@Juno.com -or- duanec@prodigy.net
>Day:  dcalvin@austin.ibm.com
>
>--
Well Duane, I guess maybe it would be a matter of opinion.  Listening here
on my
Omni V, I have a birdie at 28024.43 and it goes to 28024.48  as you can
see, it is
extreamly narrow in signal. And it is not strong enough to move my s-meter.
If anyone had a signal at all, I would be able to make qso/break pileup/
carry on.
I think your friend made a mountain out of a mole hill.
73's.....cw forever Ten Tec forever....Steve....NW9G