[TenTec] Receiver Kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Receiver Kit
From: seay@Alaska.NET (Del Seay)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:25:41 -0700
Just a hint to you guys who spend a lot of time chasing powerline
noise, etc.

The little direct conversion receiver that TT has works great. This
is the one they call the "Any-Band Shortwave Receiver".
I fell into this accidently. I had built one for 20 meters, and was
playing with it - wondered how the loop would work, and voila -
works great. Now, I'm building one for 10 meters where you can really
get to the nitty-gritty with a small loop.
You could build the df'ing equip in the same box as the rx, have a
complete battery operated rig about 8"X3"X3".

Granted, it would be better with a diode detector instead of the
product detector, but we can't have everything!

By the way - I see that T-Kit now has 3 watts QRP transceivers.
I gotta build one of them, now.

de KL7HF