[TenTec] squeak

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] squeak
From: jmcnabb@bga.com (Jim McNabb)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:00:37 -0500
 I have had exactly the same problem...  Here is the fix..

Take the main tuning knob off.  You can then see where there should be a
couple of felt pads.  These pads are normally used to control the "drag"
when the knob is turned.

In my case, one of these pads had fallen off.  I simply re-glued the pad in
place using some household cement (very small amount).

The problem went completly away...

Oh.... the way you take the tuning knob off is that the rubber "finger grip"
comes off exposing a couple of screws which need to be loosened to remove
the know.

de wa9ylb...
         So Much To Learn        ....       So Little Time

  Jim McNabb (WA9YLB)    Georgetown, Texas     Cowboy Country

                           jmcnabb@bga.com