[TenTec] Should I buy a used Paragon?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Should I buy a used Paragon?
From: PEF@SNI.DK (Peter Frenning)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:06:12 +0200
Hello out there,
I have an opportunity to buy a used Paragon, I don't know whether it's a
I or II, what are the differences?

I'll primarily use it as a driver for VHF/UHF transverters and (later on
when I get my HF licence) for HF SSB.
My prime interests are contesting and DX = weak signal work, often in
crowded band conditions.

I currently own a Kenwood TS-120, and have the use of an Icom IC-751
(heavily modified).

Will the Paragon be the right rig for me? (I think the price is right)

Sorry if I rekindle an old and beaten thread, but I have searched the
archives about 1year back worth of it that is, without finding the info
I'm looking for.
You may of cause reply directly via email.

Thank you in advance.

73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

*********************************   OZ1PIF
Peter Frenning, UNIX Product Mgr., Siemens-Nixdorf DK, Ph.: +45 4477
4924
Snailmail: Dybendalsvaenget 3, 2630 Taastrup, Denmark, Fax: +45 4477
4977
                Email: pef@sni.dk, (NERV: pfrenning.cph)
X400: C=DK; A=400NET; P=SCN; O=SNI; S=Frenning; G=Peter; OU1=CPH1;
OU2=CC
***********  Come visit us on the web; URL http://www.sni.dk