[TenTec] Interfacing David Clark Headset mic to Omni 6

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Interfacing David Clark Headset mic to Omni 6
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Tom Delker)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:46:03 -0500
The Omni 6(+) has roughly 9v available on that pin and is sufficient to
drive the mic.  I used a 1k series resistor and a .039 uf blocking cap.
I also put a 220mfd filter cap on the power lead in my interface box as
well as 100pf across the mic element and the mic jack on my interface
box.

I had to run a separate shielded cable directly to the mic (the David
Clark cable is twisted pair and shares the cable with the headphone
line) to reduce rfi running a KW.

Some of the above components may have been overkill (like the filter
cap), but at least I know there is clean DC getting to the mic element.

I played with values from .001 to 1mfd - the .039 seemed to be a good
comprimise.  The 1uf seemed to introduce some "pumping" when the RF got
stout.