Here is the method that I have used with great success to easily modify
my two Scouts for instant QRP/QRO operation.
1. Remove the bottom cover of the Scout.
2. Locate the power control potentiometer (there is a hole for it in
the bottom cover).
3. Locate the wiper of the pot.
4. Carefully solder a small diameter wire to the wiper at the board.
5. Solder a 390 Ohm resistor to one terminal of a minature SDST switch.
6. Solder the end of the wire to the other end of the resistor.
7. Connect the other lead of the switch through another small wire to a
Electrically that is all it takes. I set my power pot. to give me 40
Watts in the high power position, when I throw the switch in the other
direction I get 4 Watts.
Finding a place to mount the switch is tight. I found just enough room
by centering a 1/4 inch hole (use a pilot drill first) on the "KEY"
marking on the rear panel. That puts the switch close to the inside edge
of the chassis.
73 de Dave, K1OPQ in NH.
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
Administrative requests: tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com