[TenTec] Easy QRP switch for SCOUT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Easy QRP switch for SCOUT
From: "d_perrin@conknet.com"@conknet.com (David Perrin)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:34:37 -0400
 Here is the method that I have used with great success to easily modify
my two Scouts for instant QRP/QRO operation.
 1. Remove the bottom cover of the Scout.
 2. Locate the power control potentiometer (there is a hole for it in
the bottom cover).
 3. Locate the wiper of the pot.
 4. Carefully solder a small diameter wire to the wiper at the board.
 5. Solder a 390 Ohm resistor to one terminal of a minature SDST switch.
 6. Solder the end of the wire to the other end of the resistor.
 7. Connect the other lead of the switch through another small wire to a
convenient ground.
 Electrically that is all it takes. I set my power pot. to give me 40
Watts in the high power position, when I throw the switch in the other
direction I get 4 Watts.
 Finding a place to mount the switch is tight. I found just enough room
by centering a 1/4 inch hole (use a pilot drill first) on the "KEY"
marking on the rear panel. That puts the switch close to the inside edge
of the chassis.

73 de Dave, K1OPQ in NH.