[TenTec] Centaur fan noise...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centaur fan noise...
From: k5rov@worldnet.att.net (James Parsons)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 11:56:27 -0500
I want to thank all those who have sent suggestions concerning my fan
noise on the Centaur. I have received loads of ideas. It appears the
problem is pretty well known. Most of the recommendations requires
drastic modifications, and I don't want to do anything that is not
sanctioned by TenTec. The amplifier is under warranty, and I won't do
anything unless they recommend it. And TenTec hates to admit to a
problem with their equipment.

By the way, I have made many contacts since I received the amplifier
yesterday afternoon. The reports have been outstanding, both on phone
and on CW. The little amplifier does a great job, and is a pleasure to
use. The QSK really works. I am driving it with a Corsair-2. I have been
running it at 500 watts. But, the fan noise is so tiring to listen to
that it takes a lot of the fun out of using it.

Thanks again to all who have responded. I have answered each one
individually.

Best 73...

Jim, K5ROV

--