I installed the mod reported by Rick, N9THC, in the mike
preamp on my Omni VI. It was very similar to one I had
already devised but I decided to install a more "official"
change. The mod (change R55 from a 330k to a 470k and R54
from a 47k to a 22k) does increase the gain needed by the
Heil cartridges. The approach I used was to just shunt R54
with a 39k and insert a 139k in series with R55. An
additional mod I added was to shunt C50 (.1 ufd) with a
10ufd capacitor. My voice is quite low and, by doing this,
the preamp accommodates my voice characteristics.
73, Troy, W6HV
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
Administrative requests: tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com