[TenTec] 405 amp: what's a good price?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 405 amp: what's a good price?
From: fro@xs4all.nl (Frank R. Oppedijk)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 18:09:56 +0100 (MET)
Hi all,

I few days ago I sent out a message on rec.radio.amateur.equipment, asking
if there exist power amps to boost my Argonaut II signal from 5W to the
50-100W level. Many replies mentioned the Ten-Tec 405, as well as some amps
by Yaesu and Kenwood.

I currently have an offer from someone, selling a 405 for $225. It's in good
but used condition, includes manual and power cable, but not the power supply.

What do you say, should I take it? Personally, I would pay up to $200 for
one in mint condition. Is my idea about right, or am I underestimating going
prices for this amp?

BTW, anyone else having a 405 for sale?

73,

Frank PA3FLV