[TenTec] Omni VI Main Tuning Knob

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Main Tuning Knob
From: w5ec@digitalexp.com (Hawkins, Bill)
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:12:54 -0600
Got mine back a couple of weeks ago (#436). It had a slight resistance
(gummy sticky resistance?) at some point during rotation if the dial.
Not bad but noticible. It wasn't there before I sent it away. I thought about
trying an adjustment but decided not to mess with it yet. It went away after
about a week.
I had another 250hz filter installed during the mod. The 2 250hz  filters
together does wonder! The other wonder is the NR! Some signals just pop up
out of the noise. It doesn't work on all signals.

Bill W5EC