[TenTec] 1210 Xverter Drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1210 Xverter Drift
From: John Hultgren" <hultgren@rio.com (John Hultgren)
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 97 15:41:12 -0800
On Sat, 8 Nov 1997 23:03:51 -0500 (EST), Paul R. Valko wrote:

>Sounds like you may have a defective bias diode or PERHAPS you did not
>follow the directions on:
>       a)      Installing the diode correctly, or
>       b)      setting the bias correctly - it takes a LONG time >15min
>               to do it right.
>The instructions were pretty specific on both topics, mine is ROCK solid
>and performed great during the aurora opening Thursday night.

I will try it again. I followed the revised instructions (came on an
insert for the manual), and it SEEMED to be stable at that time, with
no current creep.

I have to open it up, anyway, to try to set it up for QSK operation.

Thanks for the suggestion.

John Hultgren K7EX
CompuServe 70366,1331

John Hultgren K7EX