[TenTec] Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI
From: ghamilto@direct.ca (Gordon Hamilton VE7ON)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 02:34:29 -0800
Hi all,

I have been having problems with my Omni 6 and am wondering if any of you have
had the same troubles.  Some time after upgrading to the Plus (option 1) I was
sent a new logic chip by Ten-Tec.  They said there were some bugs in the first
one and to install this one.  After installing the replacement chip I started
getting a wierd problem.  At turn on, about 80% of the time, the frequency entry
priority (FEP) menu item would toggle itself to HI from the normal LO position.
This would happen al by itself.  After a few discussions with Ten-Tec service,
the sent me a new chip and a new memory backup battery.  For about the first
month
the problem appeared to be solved.  Then all of a sudden radio started
displaying
strange frequencies at turn on.  For example, pressing a band change button
would
give you a "200P45" on the display or some other abnorminal thing.  By pressing
enter first then entering the frequency with the key pad all would be normal
again until the next time the radio was turned on.

By putting back in the original (the one with bugs in it) everything is perfect.
The solution, I guess, is to do that but I sure would like to know what the
problem
is.  Any suggestions?  Please let me know.

73 Gord, VE7ON