[TenTec] OMNI V Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V Problem
From: elim@ime.net (david's)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 07:40:08 -0500
hi karen,
there are several possibilities..  I would first check any of the following
in your home.. do you have any touch on /off lamp, light dimmers, florescent
lights ?  all of the devices can cause the noise you describe.. if none of
those are the culprit . try running the rig off a 12 battery.. see if the
noise disappears or is reduce.. if it is it is not most likely in the
radio.. but external and coming in via the power line.
if that is the case take a portable am radio and walk around your house
checking each appliance light etc..  I once found an outside on at dust off
at dawn light that caused 20-30 dB over noise even when it was off..
replacing the electric eye cured the problem.

if you find the noise on the am radio but can not locate it within or near
by the house use your car am radio tuned off any station drive up and down
your street and see if you notice any place where the noise increases .. if
so not the telephone pole number and call your local power company to
complain about he interference..

I would suspect the radio it's self only if all these other things fail and
you need to call ten tec at that time.. giving them the particulars.. they
are very good at solving problems and very helpful.
73 and good luck ,
dave kc1di