[TenTec] bicycle mobile

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] bicycle mobile
From: speck@qns.com (Jim Speck)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 19:51:36 -0600
> From: Lane C. Zeitler <km3g@cts.com>
<snip>
> I am thinking about getting back into bicycle mobile HF ops using the
> Scout.
<snip>

I bought a scout from W5HJ (Hank Blackstock, formerly WA5JRH) who ran the
scout bike mobile using a hustler whip mounted on a Blackburn Mtn Rack.  It
was sucessful, but he said the receive drain of about 900 ma. was a killer
using small enough batteries (about 3 ah) to have much operating time.
Most of the drain was the display, so I'd look into putting in an on-off
switch to kill it when not needed.  Just my $.02.

I operate 2m bike mobile successfully around Okla City and don't miss the
HF.  Good luck & 73.  Jim W5AI