[TenTec] Mike for Omni VI plus -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mike for Omni VI plus -Reply
From: PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 11:44:43 -0600
Hi Jim;
Recently, there was quite a thread about mikes, and TT rigs.  As an
experiment, I took a head set that I had bought at a Hamfest for $1.50,
and plugged it into my OMNI VI.  Wallah reports received were very
favorable.  This headset is marked "Sears".  I have no idea what it really
is, but a good headset for $1.50!  I had previously found that my mike
from the Kenwood TS 120 was very low on audio output.
As to your question of an amplifier for your "104", I do not favor them
much because most users turn the gain way too high.  That is my only
real complaint.  They pick up too much noise and distort the signal more
that I like.
73 and hope you like your TT as well as I like mine.
Paul WA9FFL