[TenTec] Ten Tec upgrades -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec upgrades -Reply
From: PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:41:02 -0600
When I see people buying foreign goods I always remember the poll
Readers Digest took, back in the late 1950's or early 1960's.  Most
owners of the Volkswagen automobile said they would NOT buy the
same car if it was American made.  Puts a different perspective on
things for me at least!
73 enjoy your radio and other toys, Paul WA9FFL

>>> "rohre" <rohre%arlut.utexas.edu@internet.rkd.snds.com> 12/11/97
10:33am >>>
Got to comment,
As an owner of three Ten Tec Radios, which have not required factory
service
on my watch, ( A couple are prior owned), I do have to plug another
aspect of
Ten Tec.

When was the last time your American or other car maker came out and
said "for
 a nominal fee, we will factory upgrade your 1991 car to the 1998
features the
other guys have, and some they don't have!"  Or any other manufacturer
of a
product?  I have seen nothing but praise for the upgrades to the Omni VI
plus.
 Makes me seriously striving to save the pennies for a new Omni, and
retire
the "back-up" Rice box I have!!

I hasten to add, in addition to Ten Tec, I have a number of other radios,
and
the majority are American manufacture, including a number of the new
QRP kits
from Ten Tec and others.  All have been well worth the money.  Quality
and
price can be found in our own goods.

73,  and Happy Holidays, hope a new TT is under your tree! Stuart
K5KVH