[TenTec] TT QRP kits -- no longer avaliable??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT QRP kits -- no longer avaliable??
From: wallace@world.std.com (Andy Wallace)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 21:01:48 GMT
Hello, "Paul R. Valko" <prvalko@oakland.edu>!

>Ten Tec decided NOT to produce the 80M QRP kit because, "an unexpected
>problem surfaced during field tests."

I ordered that one for my brother's birthday back in August, and as of
last month, the person on the phone did indeed make it sound like a
design problem. It's a shame. He wants the 80m one. I love the 30m one
and frankly, I think the performance is pretty nice!

>Ten Tec still sells QRP kits for 40M, 30M, 20M, and I *think* 15M.

This is the first I've heard of the 15m. I'd check the Ten-Tec website
(www.tentec.com) to be sure.

P.S. To Ten-Tec -- if you DO get the 80m one debugged, count me in for
at least one. Go for it!

--Andy wallace@world.std.com
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  --Groucho Marx