[TenTec] QRP with OMNI VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRP with OMNI VI+
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec, Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 15:31:58 -0500
At 09:09 PM 1/3/98 -0500, Steve NW9G wrote:

>Probably niether one Mike.  For serious QRP, do yourself a favor and buy a
>"REAL" meter.  The meters in all my Ten Tec gear are just relative only.
>I can't say much about MFJ either, only thing I like that they made is my
>swr antenna gismo.  All others, I have pitched.
>Also one other thing, your Omni 6 may not go down to QRP. There have been
>done some mods on my Omni 5 and it will go down to 1 watt.  Many will not.
>Just remember, few rigs on the market have acurate watt meters built in.
>I love my Ten Tec's but I also have acurate meters (not MFJ's)
>Good luck and 73....Steve...NW9G

The meter in the Omni VI is calibrated at 100 watts output and is not too
accurate below 25 watts output power.  For true QRP use, we recommend using a
quality external wattmeter for exact power readings.  The Omni VI and Omni VI
Plus both are capable of less than one watt output power as a standard
feature.  The Omni-V was +/- 20 watts minimum output power but can be easily
modified for true QRP power levels.

Scott E. Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern time:  Office/Tech (423) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (423) 428-0364 8 am-4 pm.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (423) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales and
  general product info only.  We presently do not offer repair, parts,
  or kit building tech support by electronic mail, please telephone.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and commerical
  use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel enclosures and has an
  on-premises, fully equipped tool and die facility supplying the metal
  and plastic injection mold industries.  Potential tool and die, custom
  enclosure or communications electronics customer?  Contact us.