[TenTec] TENTEC 238 TUNER VALUE?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TENTEC 238 TUNER VALUE?
From: phelbert@rica.net (Paul Helbert)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 09:12:21 -0500
Dennis and QRP-List,

An easy way to learn value of Ten Tec equipment is to check Ten Tec's
own buying and selling prices.  Their buying (or trade in) prices are
for average stuff.  Their demo gear is usually pretty good, but often
scuffed up.   Their used selling price is for average cosmetics, but
bench tested stuff with a 30 day guarantee and 10 day free trial.  Seems
to me most ham-to-ham trades should (and usually do) fall between these
extremes.

The 238 tuner does not show up on Ten Tec's list of used and demo gear
very often.  I checked back two lists (deleted older ones) and see only
demo units at $375.00.  The demo units I have bought in the past have
shown more wear than any ham-to-ham gear advertised as being "mint",
"excellent", or "like new".  This is as it should be.  Gear should not
be represented as being in better condition than it is.  If yours is in
really top condition you should expect to be able to obtain near top
price for it.

Good luck,

Paul, Wv3j