[TenTec] Ten Tec Tour

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Tour
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec, Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:59:26 -0500
At 11:42 PM 1/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>       I have seen occasional mentions of list members having toured the Ten
> Tec
>factory.  I am planning a trip soon that will take me close to the factory,
>and would like to take a tour if one is available.  Does anyone have info
>on if tours are given and how arrangements should be made.  Also, about how
>much time would the tour take?  I am trading this off for who knows how
>many hours sitting on a bench at the outlet malls at Pigeon Forge.   My
>secret hope is that I will get the nod to go ahead and order an Omni VI Plus.
>       Thanks for your help and info.
>
>Pete Inskeep
>NO2D
>Pewee Valley, Ky

I haven't mentioned this in a while, come to think of it.  We give tours of
the Ten-Tec factory every business day from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
No prior notice is necessary, just show up at the door and we'll be glad to
take
you through.  The tour itself runs about 20 to 30 minutes.  We also have a
lobby showroom with all of our current equipment on display, and a large
percentage of
what we've built in the past as well.  Anything we sell can be purchased at the
factory.  If you'd like to try out one of our current pieces of equipment, we
have four operating positions with all current transceivers and linear
amplifiers accounted for.  Tower and TH7DX in the front yard.  We also have
assembled versions of the VHF rigs in operation for 50, 144, and 222 MHz.
We are open for business until 5 p.m., but stop giving tours after 3 p.m.
as our shift workers leave for the day at 3:30 p.m.

Ten-Tec is located two miles east of downtown Sevierville, TN on Highway
411 north (1185 Dolly Parton Parkway) at the intersection of Highway 411 and
Industrial Park Blvd.  Directly across the street from Sevier County High
School.
Take I-40 to exit 407, follow Rt. 66 south 9 miles into Sevierville.  At the
main intersection in town, make a left on 411 north.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager