I could not help but comment on the 238 tuner.
1) I have had my 229 tunner(pre 238) for 16 years (matched my Omni-C) and
still in service today next to my Omni VI upgrade+
2) Yea the string has fail and I ripped it out and now crudely count
turns.(Only weak element in my opinion)
3) I just used mine to tune my 80 meter dipole for 160 during yesterday's
contest since in lost my 160M. sloper to ice this past week.
4) In 16 years I have never and an arc or smoked anything running a kw thru
5) Just a month ago I found another one of those "UglyASS" boxes and bought
it instantly for my Corsair.
6 Maybe We need more plastic with rounded corners and a counter on a
updated version for the politically correct.
Ten TEC...gotta love it!
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
Administrative requests: tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com