[TenTec] TenTec Rx vs Icom 735 Rx?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec Rx vs Icom 735 Rx?
From: mike_n@inetport.com (Michael A. Newell)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:51:04 -0600
Jeff:

Have you considered the Ten Tec Scout for mobile/portable operation?
Granted, it
doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" of some of the others, but you
can actually
make adjustments to the Scout while driving down the road without
becoming so
absorbed in the radio that you forget to watch the road.

The frequency display is large, you can get your fingers around the
knobs, and you
really can operate it by touch because of the small number of controls
on the panel.

The receiver is very quiet and seems to be quite sensitive.

I've been running one mobile for almost a year and really love it. Most
of my mobile
operation is on 17 meters, but I have also worked 20, 15, and 10.

I guess most of the other mobile rigs run 100 watts, but I can't say
I've missed it. The
Scout seems to do just fine on 50 watts.

To see how I use my Scout in the truck, you can check

http://lonestar.texas.net/~wb4huc

and click 'My Mobile Station' or you can go directly to

http://lonestar.texas.net/~wb4huc/mobilehf.htm

If you visit, let me know. You can click 'Sign the Guestbook' from the
main page
to let me know you were there.

By the way, for everyone's information, I just got the call today from
Ten Tec to send my OMNI VI in for the Option 3 upgrade. I was #530. It's
already boxed up and I'll
be sending it in tomorrow (Wednesday 1/21/98).

Thanks,

Mike
WB4HUC
mike_n@inetport.com